Thursday, March 31, 2005

Secret Pal 4

Yippee! I'm participating in my first Knitty Secret Pal thingee. It begins May 15th, and being the geek that I am, have already purchased stuff for my pal. I just couldn't wait. My friend Alesia posted her comments, so I am going to be a copy-cat and do the same.

KNITTING & FIBERS:
1. What is your current skill level (beginner/adv. beginner/intermediate etc. etc): Somewhere in-between adv. beginner & intermediate
2. What are your favorite fiber colors? Pink (see blog), robin egg blue, warm tones
3. Are there any fiber colors you absolutely do NOT like? If so which? Black, gray, cool colors
4. What are your favorite fibers? no preference
5. Do you have any unwelcome fibers (stuff you just don't need more of or like?) Really itchy wool
6. What is your Dream Yarn? I drool over them all
7. How do you feel about novelty fibers (both the yarns and the items made with them)? The more funky the better
8. What is the next thing you want to learn (techniques etc.) on the needles? Intarsia, cables, socks
9. What item(s) do you knit the most? clothes

WANTS & NOTS:
10. Allergies: Do you have any food, fiber, smoke, pet allergies your SP should be aware of? no 11. Do you have an Amazon.com or knitpicks.com wishlist you'd like to share with your SP? If so please add the URL:
12. What is on your Cool Stuff Wishlist (knitting or not): You know, this is going to sound pathetic, but I don't really think about things I want too much. If you could send some peace in the package, that would be GRREAATTT! (I have twin 4 yr-olds, and I am officially insane.)
13. What about stuff you don't need at all? More kids (see above entry)
14. Do you have hobbies other than knitting (tv, sports, collectibles, fave things)? I love to cook
15. Books you would like (knitting or not): Rowan's Beach Cool, Everyday Italian
16. For those of you who live outside the US, is there anything you'd like that you can't get your hands on?
17. In the event your SP lives outside the the US, is there a particular yarn, etc. you can't find in the US? I would love any local yarn. Just to be able to tell people "this yarn came from X" would be exciting.

FAVORITES: Who/What is your favorite...
Chocolate: Dark. The darker the better
Muppet: Miss Piggy, hands down. I used to collect her memorabilia when I was a kid.
Flower: Lilacs
Ice Cream flavor: Chocolate, duh
Fragrance: Samsara, spicy things
Shoes to wear: Heels or flip-flops (I know that sounds bi-polar, but remember I'm insane)
Type of garden: herb
Animal: giraffe
Beverage: Pellegrino

RORSCHACH ETC:
19. If you were candy would you be sweet, sour, or cinnamon? cinnamon
20. If you were a fruit which would you be? banana (see above insanity reponse)
21. Are you a Java Junkie? Not really. I do treat myself to a Starbucks Cafe Mocha on occasion
22. Your birthday, in case it falls during the swap and your SP wants to send you a card: October 18
23. Do you have a personal mantra? Serenity Now (if you are a Seinfeld fan you will get that)
24. How do you really feel about socks? They're....OK...I guess
25. What is your shoe size? 7
26. What kind of music (and/or which artists) do you listen to when you are happy? 80's.
27. Rate yourself on a girly/fruh fruh factor from 1 - 10: 9.5
28. What languages do you speak (besides English)? just English
29. If you could have any "super power" which would it be? Super speed (so I could knit faster)30. You're given $10,000 for travelling. Where do you go and why? Ooohh, a toughie. I suppose Italy. It seems so romantic, and the food is great.

3 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hey amy i found your blog! the pic of the girls looks great!

6:30 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Great idea, Amy (by way of Alesia)! I kind of want to post my answers in my blog too, but I'm a little embarassed because I am SO much longer winded than you. All of my answers are like mini essays. My poor secret pal!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lesha said...

Horray for 80s music!
*grin*

It's so fun to read other people's answers!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home