Friday, October 12, 2007

Stashbuster Afghan


Pattern: Stashbuster Afghan from Stitch Diva (aka The Love Afghan)
Yarn: 26 different yarns (mostly from my stash)
Why "The Love Afghan" you ask? I made this for my husband. It will probably be the only thing that I've made him that he actually likes.
This pattern is all the rage at Yarntopia. We can't keep the hooks in stock! It is done in tunisian crochet. Don't let the crochet in the name scare you off knitters! The only crochet you need to know for this project is the chain stitch, and you only do that to cast on.
I throughly enjoyed doing this project. It was extremely simple and quick work as far as an afghan goes. The rhythm of the stitches is hypnotic. I also loved the creative side of working with all the different yarns. It felt almost like painting with fiber.

13 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thats beautiful! I love the colours :D

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

It looks beautiful and warm!

2:59 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

It's been a while since I've stopped in...your trip to France looked absolutely divine! Thanks for sharing the pictures :)

And I love what you've been working on too! Stefanie's sweater and that afghan are just to die for. I'm not really one for big blankets but I think I'm going to add that to my list.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

Awesome! I love those colors =)

8:58 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Oh man, that looks amazing. I think I might have to make that.

7:19 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

Absolutely Fabulous!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

very beautiful!!

I also wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!!

9:57 AM  
Blogger knitseashore said...

I love how you blended the colors together!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

It looks like a totally new fiber art! Beautiful!

3:58 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it looks awesome!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

This looks *amazing*
I need to look into this! I just love the way that looks ;)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Tien's hands said...

It looks beautiful. I also just finished a stashbuster blanket. It was my first experience with tunisian crochet and I have to say, I absolutely love it!

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home