Thursday, January 03, 2008

Catching up

Boy, I haven't posted in ages. Things have been crazy (in a good way) at the shop. Not to mention, I had a little health scare. I'm on the mends now! Looking what I've been working on.

Pattern: Men's Convertible Fingerless Gloves by Knit Picks

Yarn: Atacama #509 by Araucania

I made these for Mr. Lovie to wear hunting. He seems to like them, although it hasn't been cold enough yet for him to wear.


Pattern: Pull Kimono by Phildar

Yarn: Rowan Kid Silk Night #608, Phildar Sunset in Argent

I bought the yarn and the pattern in Montpellier, France while vacationing there. I had the pattern translated when I got home. The Kid Silk was substituted for an incorrect Phildar mohair I bought by mistake. I love the bat-wing sleeves on this sweater. The Phildar Sunset is a metallic that really gives it some "bling". All in all, I adore this sweater. Not just because it is different, but because it reminds me of my wonderful trip to France.

Pattern: Salvador by Louisa Harding. From Venezia Felia Mai Dopo.

Yarn: Louisa Harding Sari Ribbon #20, Louisa Harding Kashmir DK #16

My second sweater in a row with a Dolman sleeve. Again, I am SO pleased with how this sweater turned out. I was afraid that the ribbon would be scratchy, which it isn't. It is hard to tell from the picture, but the sweater is knit in a really cool lace pattern. The design is a one-size-fits-all, so it is baggy on me. The fit is slouchy, which I like as well. I made this for Yarntopia's upcoming visit by Louisa Harding herself. Hope she likes it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Geoknitter said...

Such cute sweaters! Those must be nice and cozy, too. Wouldn't be warm enough up here - we have to wear all down, all the time now!

Hope you're feeling better!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Nice job, DD. Looking forward to Louisa Harding's visit.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous sweaters!

I'm glad you are on the mend. Having good health is so important.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the Salvador. Love the color scheme you picked out, maybe....I'll have to "borrow" it....lol

Health scares are for 2007, 2008 will be great! (my resolution)

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

How lovely to see you! Happy New Year!

Lovely FOs! I really like the Phildar one. It looks great on you :)

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well! That Phildar sweater is super gorgeous.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the knitting! :o)

Glad you're getting better!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Knitterista said...

I love that Pull Kimono...love it!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home