Thursday, June 23, 2005

I've over-extended myself

I should never, ever have three projects (see below) going at the same time. I know a lot of y'all do it successfully, but it makes me feel scatter-brained.

It doesn't help that I'm trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. My girls will be entering school in a year, so it's back to the workforce for me. I don't mind working. I've worked since I've been in high school. But I've been my own boss, so to speak, for almost five years now. Going back to the grind would be tough. I also want to be able to be there for my kids before and after school. What's a girl to do? I have a few ideas I'm milling around.

OK, enough whining! I've got to go finish my scarf, sock, and purse!

5 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

oohh... is that the beaded purse from the Y2E class? Pretty! Ask is branching out.

Good luck on the job search. I wish I could help, but I usually fall into jobs and don't know much about job hunting.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I sense blue/purple cool color scheme mojo. Everything looks gorgeous! I've got four projects on the needles, so I can't help you with the scatterbrainedness.

As far as working goes, what did you do before? Is there any way you could go back part-time to that, like every day but only mornings, or 3 days a week with two off plus the weekend? Could you work from home and only go in a couple days a week? I'll be interested to see what you end up doing. I'll be in the same boat myself in a few years.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Geoknitter said...

Yes, good luck!!! These issues are so hard and there aren't any set rules that will work for everybody.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting...and smart to be planning ahead. I'll look forward to hearing what you decide to pursue.

12:08 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

The purse looks GREAT! I am getting more and more tempted into lace knitting with all these beautiful projects milling around.

Hope you figure out what to do when you grow up next year. I am a nurse and that's all I've ever really done so I can't be much help with suggestions, sorry.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home