Thursday, June 30, 2005

Two down, one to go....

Name: Branching Out from Knitty
Yarn: Knit 1 Crochet Too Douceur et Soie in #8633 Cornflower
Started: 6/8/05 Finished: 6/26/05
What I Learned: My first real lace project, use a lifeline
Comments: I made this as a gift for a special someone, hence the blue color choice (y'all know I'm more of a pink/green girl). I think this is a great first lace project. It eases you gradually into following a chart and using reeeaaallly thin yarn. Although, I must admit, I cheated and used the written out version. I don't like to follow charts if I can get away with it. The Douceur et Soie yarn is so soft, it should be a sin. My only complain would be, and this isn't the yarn's fault, that it stuck to my sweaty hands. Now, I just have one project on the needles. My mind is at peace.

4 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

Beautiful! The scarf seems much longer than other versions that I've seen. Your daughter is cute, too.

8:31 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Wow! That is just so pretty. I can't wait to get into the whole lace thing. I have to finished my beaded bag first though. Your girls are always so cute in the pix you post!

1:13 PM  
Blogger amy said...

that scarf is so pretty. i have been thinking of making that. i too don't like reading charts! you have really been on a knitting roll, i am impressed! happy 4th!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Miss Kalendar said...

Soooo pretty! I love the color.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home