Saturday, June 25, 2005

One down, two to go

If you read my previous post, you know that I'm glad to have this project knocked out. I feel a little better now.

Name: My first attempt at knitting with beads
Yarn: Plymouth Wildflower DK #17, clear glass beads
What I Learned: Adding beaded fringe and beads to knitting, lining a bag
Comments: Using beads is not as hard as I thought it would be. The technique adds a gorgeous touch to your knitting. I really don't like the Wildflower DK yarn. It is VERY splitty, even for a cotton yarn.

5 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

very pretty! The purple color is perfect. Tell hubby that if he doesn't take you out on a fancy date, you will spend the equivalent amount of money on yarn. And beads.

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful! The beads add interest, but very subtly...nice and tasteful and pretty!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

leave it up to you to knit the prettiest things!!!!
i always love reading your blog you knock out your projects so fast. so your gonna go back to the workforce this school year or next? how you keep up the knitting pace, i enjoy your taste in projects.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

That is gorgeous! I love your color choice.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pritty!! I've been really wanting to try & knit with beads - you're a terrific inspiration :-)
I'm back from all my travels and have missed ya!
~Christy

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home