Thursday, January 26, 2006

TNNA

We've made it back from an exciting 5 days in San Diego. I'm still trying to recuperate from the exhaustion. My body is tired, but my enthusiasm is soaring. There is so much to tell, and because I am not nearly the writer Sheryl is, I'm just going to list the highlights.
  • First and foremost, hanging out with all of the people attending the show has just reinforced my belief that fiber arts people are the nicest and coolest people EVER!
  • Sheryl is not only a wonderful business partner, but a great friend and travel companion.
  • Being prepared for something as huge as TNNA is essential. Because of our prior planning, we weren't overwhelmed. We actually enjoyed ourselves.
  • I'm not going to list all of the cool new products that we saw on the show because Knitters Review did it for me. I'll whet your appetite by saying that we bought the majority of the things that they mentioned for the shop.
  • I acted like a geeky knitting designer fan at the show. I was beyond tickled to meet Amy Singer of Knitty fame, Lilly Chin, Nicky Epstein, and Melissa Leapman. Amy was the sweetest. She even gave me a shout out on her blog. Does that mean I'm almost famous?? Lilly Chin is a hoot. She is very high energy and has fun with her attire. She definitely stands out in a crowd (in a good way). Nicky Epstein has a new book coming out called Fabulous Felted Bags. Believe me, they are FABULOUS.
  • Taking pictures at the show is strictly forbidden or I would have gobs of them for you. I did manage to take a few. On the left is me with Amy Singer and on the right is the Yarntopia gals with Nicky Epstein.

22 Comments:

Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

First things first...could you look any more gorgeous in the pics? Sheesh. I am so happy to hear you had fun and I can't wait to see what's in store for Yarntopia!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more about it!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

so envious of you guys! i read some of sheryl's details and it looked like so much fun! =)

10:58 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves, it looks like fun. It's so weird you just came back from San Diego because another friend of mine just got back from there, too. (last week, tho)

I AM a weirdo, by the way, =P - it's better to know it, than deny it, right? hahahahaha As my son lately said, "Momma, I think you are as crazy as a MONKEY!" te he

11:40 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Now that's my kind of conference! I wish I could go to something like that!

11:41 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Aaaah! That sounds like so much fun!!! I read about your meeting Amy on her blog yesterday, so I couldn't wait to get in here and read your post. I can't wait to get my credentials together so I can join TNNA. Next year, if not this summer! Are you going to the one in Ohio?

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous!!! Glad you had such a good time! And YES, that means you're almost famous!!!

;-)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Jes said...

How exciting! That sounds like so much fun. Glad you got some pics, even if they were illicit. =)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So much fun!! You guys look like you were fully enjoying yourselves.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

You do look gorgeous in the photos.

By the way, what about R.s FOs?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

AHHH! i am jumping up and down for you :) I am thrilled that you got such a great exp.!

1:59 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

YEAH, Yeah, Yeah, for the 2 of you! I can SO picture you being a geeky knitting designer fan, Lord know I sure would be!!! BTW, of course Amy Singer is Fabulous, her name is AMY right? ;-)

REading your comments I saw a mention of someone asking whether you were going to attend the show in OHIO???? Where in Ohio is it??? If you are coming, let me know! I would love to try to meet you in person if possible!

2:27 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Oh, and, BTW, you do look incredibly GORGEOUS in the pix. Sheesh! Would you try to look a little less fab next time? It helps the rest of us feel a bit better about ourselves! LOL JK!

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great time!

3:09 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

See I am not the only one who thinks you always look fab! I like the pressure it keeps me from being old and frumpy :)

Thanks for the plugs, partner - you are the best!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

So glad you had a great time! The pics are great, and the others are right. You are a gorgeous lady.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

It sounds really exciting. It looks like you had a great time and you look amazing in those pictures.

5:48 PM  
Blogger chris said...

So glad to hear that you and Sheryl had such a wonderful time! I love the pics of you with Amy Singer and Nicky Epstein. And Hello!! How gorgeous do you look!?! ;-) You Yarntopia girls always look so fabulous. It must have been fantastic meeting all those knitting celebs! Can't wait to hear more about Yarntopia...glad to have you back and take care, Amy! :-)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Geoknitter said...

Oooh, how fun!!! I'm so jealous, I'd love to go to one of those shows. I may apply for one of a couple jobs in Texas (A&M and Rice), your store being somewhat nearby would definitely be a draw!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Sweetpea4kids said...

Great pics, looks like you had a fab time. On Amy's blog, wow you are famous. Photo with Nicky Epstein, so cool.

3:57 AM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

Looks like you had a great time! My mother is in Houston right now and she said yarn shops are scarce. She visits there a lot, so I told her to hold her horses for Yarntopia!

Lexie came into the store and was tickled to tell me "I met one of your friends!".

6:09 AM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home