Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Hello Lila!


I received my final "reveal" gift from my Knitty secret pal on Christmas Eve. Can you say perfect timing?? It is the fantastic Lila! She and I have had a lot of fun talking via emails. The best news is that she will be heading to my neck of the woods in March for a Junior League convention, so I will get to meet her face-to-face. Because she has been one of my secret confidants throughout the shop opening process, I look forward to giving her a sneak preview during her visit.

Boy does this wonderful lady have impeccable taste as well, as evidenced by the amazing package she sent me. She puts a lot of time into her wrapping. I almost feel guilty tearing the paper. I received all the materials to make the Suss Cousin's Girls Bag, beads to knit myself a wire cuff, Texas stitch markers, knitting gift tags, Miss Piggy lip balm (I collect Miss Piggy memorabilia), and Classic Elite Lush in my favorite robin's egg blue. I apologize for the poor picture quality. I'm speechless! Thank you again Lila. I look forward to continuing our cyber friendship.

Now, for the latest shop news. Sheryl and I can finally take a breather for a few days. We worked our little tails off to get in all of our Small Business Administration paperwork and business plan before the holidays. I hope all of our hard work will pay off. We have to hear back from the bank to see if our loan request will be approved. I spoke to the banker right before Christmas, and he seemed optimistic. He had no questions regarding our paperwork, which I take as a good sign. He said that we had done our research and presented a very polished application.

Sheryl's father passed away during this hectic time as well. It has been a very difficult time for her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I've joined the bandwagon and added the Frapper map to my sidebar. I'd love it if y'all would click on the link and put your dot on my map.

21 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What lovely gifts and new friend!

Glad to hear you two can take a moment to breathe before the next wave of busyness.

Have a nice New Years.

8:25 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Wow what a haul!!

Good luck with all the paperwork/loan stuff.

Laura
*wonders if she can crash the sneak preview in March*

8:37 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow!!! what a lovely (and timely) Christmas gift! =) i'll put my spot on your map if you do the same for mine (i have bravenet on mine instead) ;)

11:30 AM  
Blogger chris said...

What a wonderful and well-deserved package!! I love the Classic Elite Lush- such a pretty color! And what beautiful wrapping, too. How exciting that you'll get a chance to meet each other in March. Glad to hear that all is going well with the shop! It's been amazing hearing the details of your business unfolding, and I'm so excited to "watch" as the two of you finally open your dream LYS next year!! Sheryl and her family are in my thoughts and prayers, too. Take care, Amy and Happy New Year to you! :-)

12:04 PM  
Blogger Mz Mar said...

I'm so excited for you opening your own shop!! A dream come true!!
Happy New Year!!

2:44 PM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

It was such a pleasure being your SP! I feel so special being in on Yarntopia and I can't wait to meet you in person.

4:24 PM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Wow! I didn't realize you were opening a yarn store! Lucky duck... I just read down a bunch of posts, and I think it's great that you found an alternative to the corporate world and can be home when your kids get home from school. I'm trying to do the same things, but with designs (I don't think I have the guts to open a shop! Besides, Portland is already flooded with them...). Can't wait to hear more about the process!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...that yarn for the bag...the colors are so beautiful! What a wonderful package!

If I come to Houston in March, do I get a sneak preview too? Speaking of which, do you have an official target grand opening date yet?

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Wow Amy - what a great gift! You can tell she put a lot of thought and effort into it for you... and to get it on Christmas Eve no less!

I added my little flag to your frapper... way over there on the west coast!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love the gifties! i am glad think are slowing down but the waiting game is just as stressful! so sorry to hear about sheryl's father, i will write her, she is in my prayers.

4:44 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

Miss Piggy? How did that piece of trivia escape me all this time? Well, the cats out of the bag now :)

What a great secret pal, I look forward to meeting her.

Whew! I think my blogging is finally caught up.

8:48 AM  
Blogger traveling knitter said...

Your secret pal sounds like the best! I *Love* the Texas stitch markers!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi, found my way here via Ruth's knits and thought I'd stop in to say hello.

I am a knitter as well (I crochet too) and enjoy it. I'm thinking of starting a blog just for knitting and crocheting (maybe crafts in general), but haven't decided on that yet.

I have a picture of a sweater I knit for my 2 year old nephew on my blog (you might have to scroll down a couple of posts to get to it though) if you'd like to see it.

I'll bookmark your blog and be back again!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Julia (MindofWinter) said...

So glad to hear that your business plans are on track. You have great taste in yarns (wink, wink), so I know you'll do well. Just to put my two cents in on your post below, I would guess that a lot of your traffic will involve purchases for small items like scarves (esp. light summer scarves), hats, ponchos, etc. You can make a lot of money in classes, as well, esp. if you have good teachers. Remember that the blog community encompasses some pretty sophisticated knitters. A lot of your customers will be newer knitters who need more basic help. Service and advice are the best way to grease the wheel! Can't wait to see how you do!

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice package!!! Sheesh, that didn't sound right ;-) but you know what I mean.

5:36 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Cool stuff, can't wait to see how it all knits up! =)

10:53 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

that wrapping paper really is to die for. good luck with all the business-y work.

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't Knitty SPs the best? That's wonderful to hear that you became fast friends with yours (and she gives such great gifts, too). Good luck with the loan!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

Happy New Year Amy. Good Luck with Yarntopia!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What lovely gifts!
Everybody needs a friend that knows how to say it with yarn.

1:49 PM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Yummy yarn!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home