Friday, November 04, 2005

Knitting Meme

Jessalu, Rachel and Heather tagged me with this meme. I feel so popular!

What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?
That is such a difficult question to answer. The first ones that pop off the top of my head are Pleasure from Berroco (discontinued...rats!), Lush from Classic Elite, Calmer from Rowan, & Debbie Bliss Cashmerino.

Your favorite needles?
Addi Turbo circs & Lantern Moon straights

The worst thing you ever knit?
The halter tops that I knit the girls this spring. I couldn't figure out the chart, so the lace was extremely wonky. A close second would be the socks I knit Mr. Lovie.

Your most favorite knit pattern (maybe you don't like wearing it, but it was the most fun to knit)?
Right now I'm on a Violette kick. I've knit four so far.

Most valuable knitting technique?
Tinking. Hands down.

Best knitting book or magazine?
I'm a big fan of free patterns a la Knitty, Spun, MagKnits, and the new Anti-Craft. I buy all of the knitting magazines (Interweave, Vogue, Cast On, Rebecca) , but I have yet to knit a pattern out of them. I'm not sure why that is. I consider my Vogue Knitting-The Ultimate Knitting Book invaluable. You have a knitting question? The answer is in there.

Your favorite knit-a-long?
I've done the Honeymoon Cami KAL, the Ribbon X-Back KAL, and I'm a slacker in the Reverse Rib Shawl KAL. I've highly enjoyed all of them, especially since I have met so many cyber friends through the experience. Oh, I almost forgot the mini Hourglass Sweater KAL I had with my mom. I guess that would have to be my favorite, because hey....it was my mom!

Your favorite knitwear designer?
Kristeen Griffin-Grimes, Stefanie Japel, Veronik Avery, Julia Trice, and Brynne Sutton (my very talented Katy Knitters friend).

The knitwear item you wear the most (how about a picture of it)?
Stefanie Japel's Cold Shoulder

Who to tag?
Mom, Skrilla, & Sheryl...you're it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home