Sunday, October 16, 2005

Needle Exchange


We have had a busy weekend. I taught my final knitting class yesterday, my parents' had my twin brother and me over for cake, and my hubby went to a stew dinner. Upon arriving home last night, I found a small parcel in my mail box. Behold the amazing goodies my Needle Exchange Pal, Marianne, sent me.

There are two skeins of SWTC Karaoke. It is a lovely heather green, and is 50% soy silk/50% wool. Next we have a beautiful emerald green and blue Lantern Moon straight needle holder. Finally, she sent not one but two amazing hand crafted needles. The straight needles are from Peace Fleece. They are milled in Maine, then sent to Russia to be hand painted. Stunning! The piece de resistance are the Mango Moon circular needles. What makes them so special you ask? They are hand carved HORN needles. They are truly gorgeous, and will be a treasured addition to my needle collection.

I had to do a little happy dance in my kitchen last night. I have never seen any of the things she sent me anywhere (and I visit a lot of yarn stores). Thank you so much Marianne!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are a lucky girl!!! The needles are beautiful! Hope you're enjoying this awesome weather we're having today! I've been sitting out on the front porch knitting... much better than being inside!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Gorgeous needles! Karaoke is fast becoming one of my new favorite yarns- hope you like it too!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Horn needles?!? I've never even heard of those? What are they like? Very slick? What a neat addition to your collection.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy dance, indeed! I didn't know that Mango Moon made needles (horn circs, nonetheless). Such a great way to expand your needle collection!

9:20 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

Coolness! What a great surprise.

5:06 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

Wow! How cool are those?! I can hardly wait to see them. Another early birthday gift! Enjoy : )

5:35 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

those are really neat! i would love to feel that kareoke one day:)

5:45 AM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

I can't think of anyone else more deserving of such FAB goodies.

Yeah for you!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Knitters (and spinners) are the most generous people. The kindness of virtual pals continues to astound me - it's a nice world, the blogosphere!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Mz Mar said...

I hope you enjoy everything! It was fun shopping for you!
Happy knitting!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home