Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Merci!


All of y'all who are doing the Secret Pal thing know what it's like when you see that big box in the mail. Elation!

Look how beautifully it was wrapped. Wax stamped even. Lovely.

Upon carefully opening the paper (I wanted to savor the moment), I was greeted with all of this yumminess. I must have mentioned that I was doing the French Diet to my SP, hence the French theme. BTW, if you want to know more about the diet, email me. It is c'est magnifique!

I've just got to brag on my SP. She obviously put a great deal of time and thought into this package. From the top L to R:

Teva Durham's Loop-d-Loop, diva knitting note cards, Eiffel tower bookmark, mochaccino soap (smells amazing), Eiffel tower sticker, Paris magnets, wonderfully soft pastel yarn and paillettes to make French Girl's Violette for my little madamoiselles, nautical themed stitch markers which are a hint to her identity (hmmmm), Lana Grossa lambswool in one of my favorite shades of blue, dark chocolate (a necessity of the French Diet), and a card with a sweet note inside written in the Matisse font (she is so clever!)

Merci mon ami! I feel very spoiled.

Also, here are the promised hurricane FO's. The first are a pair of slipper socks given to my grandmother for her birthday. The second is an early thank you gift for my upstream SP whom I just finished bragging about. It is Daphne from French Girl (can you tell I like the pattern line?)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh la la! I am drooling over your SP gifts. The Loop-d-Loop book is great. Your slipper socks are really cute (I think your grandmother will love them). Your upstream SP gift is beautiful!

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you lucky! What a manifique themed package! Le shawl est aussi muy bien (wait, is that Spanish? Crap!). So much for my 6 years of French. Love the package AND your beautiful upstream gift!

9:32 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

What a haul!

I love the slipper socks. What yarn did you use?

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the shawl is beautiful. The recipient is going to be one stylish lady!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow!!!! what a thoughtful SP! the french diet? is it working? i am a fan of french girl patterns, clever thankyou... stick w/the theme!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely gifts and FOs!!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawl... =D~~~ (drool..)
Congratulations for your work :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Couldn't have happened to a nice gal! Glad to see you are being properly spoiled.

4:08 PM  
Blogger suzmcq said...

Ooo! C'est de toute beauté! Amy, tu est très chanceuse mais méritante la même!

J'aime aussi tes œuvres surtout les bas pour ta grand-mère.

Suzanne

7:25 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

What a fab secret pal you have! That gift is really amazing.

Do tell about this french diet...I'm dying for this to be true. Red wine, cheese, and chocolate??? All of my favorite things!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Great FO's! Those socks are just scrumptious.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home