Friday, September 23, 2005

Last post before Rita

We have to bag up the computer before the 'ol gal hits.

I am so glad that we didn't leave. If y'all have been following the news, traffic in Houston and the surrounding area is a nightmare. People are running out of gas or their cars are overheating before they can even get out of the city limits.

We've packed up all of the important stuff: pictures, documents, cameras, guns, 3 days worth of clothes. They are all tucked safe and sound into an internal room of our house. I've also packed my ENTIRE yarn stash, swift, ballwinder, and knitting books the the room. I know all of you knitters out there were worried. :) And lest you think that I'm the only one with funny packing priorities, my husband put his treasured fishing poles in there as well.

The girls are holding up splendidly. I told them that we are going to have a hurricane party tonight, and that we are going to camp in the laundry room. They are downright excited.

I'm guessing that I will have quite a few FO's to post after this ordeal is over. What else am I going to do with the power out?

Thank you all for the kind words the past few days. It really means a lot. I'll get back with y'all as soon as I can.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself and family first, but hurry back as soon as you can so we know you're okay!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Be safe!

(I keep saying, about the traffic, "Why doesn't the person in the front just GO!?")

3:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Stay safe Amy!! We will be thinking of you and sending you our well wishes!

4:23 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

This is NOT the way to make extra knitting time for yourself! LOL.

Seriously, keep yourselves well and we will be anxiously awaiting word from you when this is done.

6:36 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family! I hope all's well and it really does feel like a big adventure!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm praying for you. Keep strong and knit up a storm(no pun intended).

9:59 PM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

From what I've seen on the news, Katy might have escaped the full brunt of Rita's wrath. Dallas was making all sorts of warnings, but the way the storm seems to have veered East, I'm thinking we'll still have to run our sprinklers. Can't wait to see what you do with the Lorna's Laces. Yummy.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care and get back here soon to let us know you and yours are okay :o)

Glad to hear your stash is safe, I admit, I was concerned ;o)

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home