Monday, September 05, 2005

Ruffles


Name: Ruffles from Scarf Style
Yarn: Rowan Calmer #460 Drift (2 balls)
Needles: #6 Lantern Moons

I was drawn to this pattern because of its three dimensional nature. I am also drawn to knitting patterns that are different from the norm, so this was right up my alley. I LOOOVE Calmer. It is on my list of top 5 favorite yarns. It is so incredibly soft and has a neat spongy nature. Very cool.

I've also finished the Hourglass sweater that my mother and I knit together. I'll post a picture here when we can take a picture together in our matching sweaters.

12 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

I Love It! I have been thinking about this pattern for sometime now, but I can't figure out what yarn to use. I never considered Calmer before--what an excellent idea!

2:01 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Looks just like the one in the book! Awesome job.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely! I've had my eye on that pattern as well. Yours turned out so nicely!

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen this knit up in several places, but I think I like yours the best. I would consider knitting it myself, but there comes a point at which I have to stop knitting the exact same things as you all the time.

Speaking of which, I cast on for the RRS. That's all I got to today, though -- I am hoping for a bit of knitting time this week!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooohhh.... a scarf in Calmer! It looks great and I just know it's soft and warm!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

i'm seeing these pop up here and there too - and i love yours. i'll keep in mind with the Calmer tip. =)

8:46 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Totally cool! That book is awesome.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it looks so good!!!! can't wait to see the sweater too:)

2:44 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

you always make the coolest stuff. I love that.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your ruffle scarf!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How fun! I've looked at this scarf pattern several times now and I think I'm finally going to have to break down and knit it. Thanks for the inspiration!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

OOOoooo!! So excited now! I just got two balls of Calmer in a swap, and now I know just what I'm going to do with it!

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home