Saturday, August 06, 2005

2-Hour Shawl


Lena Brown was kind enough to lend me this pattern. She plans to sell it on her website sometime in the future. On with the details...

Yarn: Noro Hana Silk #35 - 100% silk - 4 st / in on #7
Classic Elite Miracle #3350 - 50% alpaca 50% Tencel - 5.25 st/in on #6
Needle: The famous "big honkin' needles" #50

Both the ribbon and the Miracle are beautiful yarns. If I were to do the project over again, I would have used a thicker ribbon and a heavier weight yarn. The end product of is very light weight, almost spiderwebby.

If any of y'all have seen the latest Vogue knitting, this thing is right up the "gypsy" ally. I think it would look good tied around your waist as well.

In other knitting news, my Hourglass is cruising along. I spoke to my mother, and fellow KAL participant, and she is WAY ahead of me. I had better get crackin'!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Very pretty! It's great to have a quick project every once in a while.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i like it! i finally got to order that other shawl you did:) yey hourglass i love the pattern too....hillard starts school this week! we need to get brandona nd the girls together again soon!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

wow, size #50 needle?? i've never used anything over 15... but i'm sure this project took no time at all to knit up =)

5:39 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I was thinking the same thing, that shawl sure is gypsy-ish. I also just bought the Rowan Cotton Tape book this weekend, and they have a very similar shawl I picked out to do!! It's gorgeous.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Emily Dust Nimsakont said...

That looks great! I love using the REALLY big needles once in a while!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Knitterista said...

I love that...and I want one!!!!!!! Very cute!

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy, it's Cirilia from Skrillaknits! I'm so sorry I haven't been by to comment, you're always so good about sending me hellos.

I LOVE Cashiroha, that's going to be a lovely Hourglass. And good luck with the Fair Isle sweater--the only hard part was the finishing. It's really very cute, I felt like Heidi when I put it on, very mountain girl. Can't wait to see yours!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so pretty and it must have been fun to watch it grow right before your eyes!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Miss Kalendar said...

That is an awesome shawl!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home