Thursday, July 21, 2005

No More Yarn Diet


It's official. I'm off the wagon.

For your viewing pleasure. Noro Cash Iroha, color #93, 11 hanks for the gorgeous Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Gifts. I found it on Ebay for $8.10 a hank! Score! My mom and I are going to have a mini knit-a-long. She will be knitting it in the royal purple color. I thought the color would be more green, but it is really more of a turquoise. It wouldn't have been the color I picked, but the price was right. Y'all that know me in the flesh, do you think this color will look good on me? I'd appreciate the honest feedback.

The next item on our agenda are three skeins of Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Worsted. This is destined to become the felted Waterfall Scarf from Pick Up Sticks.







Finally, the two tan skeins of Encore Mega are for Ruth's Knits Cabled Clutch. Thanks Ruth for the fab pattern! The three tiny white balls are 100% angora I'm keeping for emgerency baby booties. I bought them from Webs for a steal! Lastly, the ice blue Rowan big wool is going to make me tres chic this winter. I'm using it, along with a jaunty brown velvet bow, for French Girl's Violette hat. Take a look at the other French Girl patterns. They are magnifique! I've also ordered Brigitte and Oceane.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going to go off a diet, you might as well go for the chocolate fudge cheesecake a la mode, right? Looks like you got amazing stuff. I think the color for the hourglass sweater would look good on just about anyone, so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. (And don't laugh, but that sweater is one of the things I'm planning to make to use up some yarn in my stash! I think that'll make the fourth thing we've knitted in common this year!)

Enjoy your new yarn!

2:38 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

boy, when you go off a diet, you really pig out! :-D

lovely yarn!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lesha said...

The color of the Noro is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished sweater. And the french girl hat!

Diets are over-rated anyway!

4:43 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Well, you certainly lasted longer on that diet than I did on mine. I just bought MORE at my sit and knit night! "Ay, ay, ay! LUuuucy, ju got sum 'splaining to du!"

All the yarn if Fab! I don't know you "in the flesh" but I am sure that you will look Fab! Those french girl patterns are Fab! Well, I guess knitting is just Fab!

5:04 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a way to indulge! That yarn looks positively delicious!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

boy did you fall off the wagon! i think the color will look great on you! love the french girl patterns, really pretty! by the way we need to go on playdates more often:) we had fun!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Brynne said...

That teal is gorgeous! I'm sure it will look wonderful.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

oooh all that yummy yarn!!! =)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home