Monday, July 04, 2005

Tall & tan & young & lovely.....

Well, I may not be any of those things, but every time I go to the beach I sing that song to myself. We are leaving tomorrow to go to Port Aransas. My gorgeous cabana boy, Kevin, has rented us a condo right on the beach through Friday. And, because I'm a true southern gal, I had to have my toes done for the occasion (see above). The girls are as giddy as can be, and their parents are as well. Hopefully, the possible tropical storm I've been hearing about will bypass us. Keep your fingers crossed. And, in case you were wondering, I am going to knit on the beach.

In other news, Cabana Boy bought himself a new truck this afternoon. Isn't he cute? (see below). He hasn't had a new truck in 13 years, so he is quite excited.

Thank you for all of the wonderful comments on my most recent projects. It means a lot.

Talk to y'all when I get back.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a wonderful time! Nice truck. What a nice way to treat himself!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a great time knitting on the beach and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the tropical storm will bypass you. (BTW, I just love your pedicure! So cute!)

Dawn

8:07 AM  
Blogger Lesha said...

Ooooo, have fun knitting on the beach! I haven't had the chance to do that yet, hopefully soon.

Car shopping is fun!
The only good thing from the car wreck is all the test-driving and window-peaking (and seat maneuvering, since we're lookgin at mini-vans) we've been getting to do.

Horry for the new cabana boy truck!

9:35 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Gorgeous nails (and hubby!). I love the pattern on the big toe. Fancies things up a bit.

11:57 AM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Have a fantabulous time!!! Don't you just LOVE getting your toes done and them showing them off in sandals. Aahhhh, the simple pleasures of summertime! tee hee.

BTW, a couple of months ago my boss was going to Punta Cana and wanted to know how to say "Oh cabana boy, another drink please" in spanish. FYI, that would be "Otro trago por favor, muchacho de piscina" or something like that, tee hee hee!!!

I do hope you have a GREAT time!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

have a great time with CB and the girls!!!!! we will miss you at SnB on thursday! see ya next tue.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home