Monday, August 01, 2005

Boring Post


I was at the LYS yesterday, stocking up for the winter I suppose. I don't have enough yarn you know. My husband expressed interest in a knitted cap for him to wear when the weather turns cool, so any excuse to spend money on yarn works for me. I also picked up some Brown Sheep Bulky to make the Fairly Easy Fair Isle from SnB Nation. The main color will be cream, and the contrast colors will be turquoise. seafoam green, and coral. I took a Fair Isle class this past spring, and would like to do more of the technique.

I started the Hourglass Sweater from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I'm doing it as a mini knit-a-long with my mother. The Noro Cash Iroha is a beautiful yarn. The color is very saturated, and I enjoy working with the single-ply thick/thin yarn. After the Hourglass KAL, I will start the Reverse Rib Shawl min-KAL with Lickety Knit.

I have a few projects on the needles right now that I hope to finish before the end of the week.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the mini-knitalong! I'm also looking forward to seeing the Hourglass Sweater, since that's on my to-knit list.

Your colors for the fairisle sweater sound great, by the way!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Fairisle is another technique I have yet to try. The project is very cute and your colors sound lovely.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

so your DH finally wants some stuff made with love! yeah! there are a lot of neat patterns online for mens hats....

9:24 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

colorwork! colorwork! GO colorwork!

I love the look of colorwork, but I sometimes find knitting it annoying. Good luck!

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those colors sound like they'll look great together. I can't wait to see it!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hey, I'm going to make that fairisle sweater, too! I think I have all the yarn except need one more pink. I'm doing mine in black like the photo, because I wear a lot of black.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Knitterista said...

I love that hourglass sweater too...on my list of things to do among a million others...gonna finish that One Skein Wonder first though if it's the last thing I do.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cute fair isle cardigan. Oh, and that Noro Cash Iroha really is a beautiful yarn... and soooo soft. Can't wait to see your progress and the finished work.

7:52 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I am a huge fan of that fairisle sweater. It's a really flattering style too, not like a lot of the more boxy sweaters (which tend to be the fairisle standard). Can't wait to see your work!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home