Friday, July 22, 2005

Idiosyncrasy Meme

The lovely and talented Azuredrake sent this to me. I'm always a sucker for 'em.

id·i·o·syn·cra·sy

Pronunciation Keyn. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies

A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group.

Write down five of your own idiosyncrasies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same.

OK, here goes:

1) Whenever I drop something or get slightly startled, I let out a little "aaahh!!". This is an inherited trait from my father's side of the family. It drives my hubby crazy because he comes to investdisturbanceistrubance, only to find that I dropped a spoon or some such nonsense.

2) I talk to myself constantly, and yes I answer myself as well. This I inherited from my mother.

3) If I'm concentrating on something (TV, book, knitting) I won't here a thing you are saying to me. My husband calls it "the Zone".

4) I LOVE purses. I have one in every color. Not just any purses mind you, expensive purses. I am trying to help out my pocketbook now by knitting them instead. I also have a thing about matching my purse to my shoes.

5) I am a germ phobe. This causes me to wash my hands constantly. I have gotten better and not being so freaked out about it. Having to take care of sick kids will do that to you.

OK, now it's your turn.
Knitty Cath, Craft Lilly, Laura, KnittingNurse, and Lickety Knit ....you're it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it! I'll work on it today. The hard part will be narrowing it down to five....

By the way, helping out your pocketbook by knitting pocketbooks? Genius!

6:39 AM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Ok,I'll get on it. JUST 5 though, huh, that will be tricky. . . . . .

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oooo boy... I need to air out my weirdness to the blogging world! Well, ok!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I am constantly being reprimanded for doing exactly the same thing you do (#1)... people around me are absolutely freaked out when i shriek from dropping my pencil/spoon/napkin/whatever. I can't help it though....and people are always imitating me...!!! =P

10:33 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

okay i will post mine tonight!

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home