Saturday, January 19, 2008

Louisa Harding

Can I just say, I am a HUGE Louisa Harding fan. Her yarns are scrumptious. Her color choices are so sophisticated and modern. Her designs are best in the business. Seriously, if y'all haven't checked her stuff out, go right now to your LYS and see it.

I had the pleasure of meeting her on two other occasions at TNNA (the national yarn market), but yesterday she came to our store. She spoke for a little over an hour to a packed house. Afterwards, she allowed our customers to see and even try on several of her new designs, including some from her not-yet-published summer book Summer Classics.

Listing her talk about her background and how she gets her inspiration was fascinating. I feel more energized about knitting now than I have been in quite some time. Thank you Louisa!



The sweater that Louisa is wearing is from her upcoming Summer Classics book using her new yarn Jasmine. It is a cotton/bamboo blend that has a thin metallic thread run through it. I'm wearing Marie knit out of Thalia from her current book Dauphine. After trying it on, I'm in LOVE.

She also signed autographs for both of my girls. Along with her sweet note, she drew caricatures of the girls wearing crowns. So cute.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE louisa harding!! =D

2:08 PM  
Blogger Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Louisa Harding, ditto, love her too !

2:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

The dress looks terrific on you. Are you going to knit your own now?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I've had a very hard time finding beautiful scoop-neck patterns. Or anything, for that matter, other than cowl, turtle-neck or crew. You look great!! That neckline works!

5:50 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Louisa Harding is amazing! How cool that she visited your store.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Gaby said...

The dress looks perfect on you!! Louisa is my favorite designer; I love her yarns and patterns

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home