Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Long Term Project, Short Term Project, & TNNA

Rachel, Laura and Suzanne are going to be so proud of me when they see this.....









Pattern: Reversible Rib Shawl by Lilly Chin



Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze #603 (so old, it has been discontinued)



Needles: #10 & #8 12 inch Lantern Moon staights



Time to complete: THREE YEARS!!!



Comments: How shameful for me to leave this beautiful shawl languishing for that long. Normally, I'm a finish it kind of gal. I started this as a knit along with Rachel and Suzanne, two blog friends who completed theirs in a reasonable amount of time.



Next, my weekend project....


I did this while I was at TNNA this past weekend. Lovin' the crocheted edge (done thanks to the BFF Sheryl). I wish I was wearing it when I met Wenlan (of Twinkle fame)!

Pattern: Feather Scarf from Twinkle's Big City Knits

Yarn: Classic Elite Provence #2627

Needles: #17 straights & N crochet hook

Speaking of TNNA, Sheryl and I had a blast. Sheryl and I did not go looking for yarn due to the fact that we buy from our traveling reps. We did go bag crazy. The Amy Butler's are super fab! There is also a new style of Namaste and a new clear bag that is really cool. We picked up some super stylin' new patterns, and got to see previews of some upcoming books we've been looking forward to (French Girl Knits, Glam Knits, Twinkle's Town and Country Knits, Custom Knits). Not as much colorwork as the last show. We saw a lot of jackets/cardis.


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This takes me back to the real definition of the word AWE-some.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad you guys had a good time!

The shawl is gorgeous. Wear with pride!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That shawl is GORGEOUS!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Rachel says " I cannot believe it took you three years to finish that because you knit so much! My favorite part on the shawl is the cables."

Hanna says " I think it is very pretty. I like the cables too. And I liked the color."

Mom says "Good job. I am so happy that you got it done. It is beautiful and I know you will get lots of compliments on it."

10:27 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

The shawl is absolutely beautiful, so light and airy. I love the scarf too, red being one of my fave colors.

5:18 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

YAY! you finished it!!!

It looks amazing! That's one way to sell KSH :) Congratulations!

9:51 AM  
Blogger suzmcq said...

Just checking in after a long absence and I find the reversible rib shawl is complete. Has it really been three years?

I think that it was my last completed project.

Bravo for you. Its beautiful

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!! I especially love the "RED" that you chose. Beautiful job as alkways!!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home