Thursday, January 31, 2008

Trekking XXL Socks


Yarn: Trekking XXL sock, ?? colorway
Pattern: 2x2 rib cuff, short row heel, traditional toe
Comments: This sock is a long time coming. I bought the yarn probably 3 or 4 years ago. Started it when we first opened the shop. Had a falling out with socks shortly thereafter and threw the first half completed sock in my stash drawer. I started it again after finishing all of my UFO's and felt guilty that the sock was languishing in my drawer. I actually kinda sorta enjoyed working on it. Maybe I'll give socks another chance.

9 Comments:

Blogger JustApril said...

Self striping yarn is enough to make anyone give socks a chance =) Those are awesome.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely socks!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome to the Dark Side.... Socks are addictive.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

WTG, DD!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sock! :o)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

I know how you feel - I LOVE sock yarn but don't really like knitting socks. (remember that pink yarn/thread I left last year for the girls!!?) Thank goodness it pretty much sells itself...have you guys signed up for the Sox Outside the Box program with Skacel? They told me I was first and therefore only one in Austin but I can't really see them turning down HCW. we'll see - got to meet the Noro/Debbie Bliss guy yesterday. Hmmmmmmmmm.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Eileen said...

I love them, they look great!

8:25 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

I'm so proud.....

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool sock! I just LOVE Trekking. Wears like iron... it's not JUST pretty stuff.

Wow, girl - you have been busy! Bloglines is not updating you to my feed lately, and when I check in with you here you're just chock full of beautiful FO's! My hero!

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home