Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Kate Jacobs & some old FO's

Sheryl and I had to wonderful opportunity to participate in a knitting segment that will be shown on Great Day Houston this March. The segment began with and interview with Kate Jacobs, author of The Friday Night Knitting Club. Kate was a doll. Y'all should check out her book! The second segment had Sheryl teaching the interviewer how to knit. She did an awesome job. Here is a picture of Sheryl, Kate Jacobs, and myself.




I've had this sweater done for some time, but with all of the craziness going on, just didn't have time to post pictures.



Pattern: Twinkle Hoodie from Twinkle's Big City Knits


Yarn: Twinkle Handknits Soft Chunky in #23 Haze


Comments: The first incarnation of this yarn was the Karate Sweater from the same book. The fit was awful on me, so I promptly frogged. I am much happier with the results this time. It is a great fit, quick knit, and was fun to do.




Pattern: Aquila from Venezia Una Volta by Louisa Harding

Yarn: (all Louisa Harding yarns) Grace #12, Kimono Ribbon Pure #1, Kimono Ribbon Pure #5, Kimono Angora Pure #5, Glisten #16

Comments: FULL DISCLOSURE - I did not knit this. I started to knit this, and I wimped out. While we were in France, we had the extreme pleasure of meeting Miriam Tegels, the world's fastest knitter. She graciously accepted my offer to pay her to knit this for me. It took her a couple of weeks, I kid you not. She is phenomenal.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

What great FO's and congrats to Sheryl for being featured on a TV show! Yay!

I love the handknits too. I can't believe that Tegels could knit a whole sweater in a matter of weeks. It takes me much longer than that.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How fab to be on TV! Doesn't Sheryl look glamorous in that pic??

LOVE the pockets and buttons on the Twinkle pattern.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, you guys do so many cool things! I have to agree with bethel, Sheryl does look glamorous in that pic! You look nice too Amy. :) The cardigan is super cute!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get to be on TV? Coolness! ;o)

Love the sweaters!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Twinkle hoodie! It inspires me to knit one myself.

6:59 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Twinkle is amazing. I'd wear it in a heartbeat. Great work on both garments. Just lovely

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home