Tuesday, May 31, 2005

What's all the hub-bub about the Clapotis??

Name: Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb in #70 Vera
Started: 5/13/05
Finished: 5/29/05
Comments: I was a total follower and knit this pattern because I seemed like EVERYONE has knit this. Granted, it turned out beautiful and it is very functional in the fact that it could be used as a scarf or a wrap, but it was BORING to knit. Really. Still, I'm glad a knit it and will definitely wear it. The Lion & Lamb yarn is exquisite and I would highly recommend it if your pocketbook allows. My MIL admired it, so it looks like I have another one in my future.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Clapotis is looking lovely! I've read on other people's blogs how boring the stockinette gets. It's one of the reasons I've had the thing on the backburner for so long.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

it is beautiful amy!!!!!!! bring it to the next meeting. how did today go?

4:41 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Amy, that turned out just lovely! I know what you mean about stockinette stitch but the good thing about it is it's a mindless knit so that you can do while watching a movie, etc. . . . .

Wasn't it at least fun to get to drop all those stitches? I love the look of the clapotises (sp?) that I have seen but have yet to find "the" yarn for mine. I keep hoping that it will be fun to do with all those dropped rows. PLUS, I have yet to do anything on the bias. . . . . . .

You are such an inspiration though! You do such beautiful work! Keep it up sweetie!

5:41 PM  
Blogger Lesha said...

Amy I love the colors! It looks so inviting!

I've got another one on my list for my mom, she fell in love with mine so I promised her one of her own.

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about all the boredom, but it must have been worth it -- it looks beautiful. I feel inspired to make one now -- oh no, my inner lemming emerges!

5:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boredom maybe, but it's beautiful! I'm sure your MIL will love the one you make her! ;)

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go, girl!! LOVE the vera color! i know what you mean, I was a "follower" too and was about ready to pull my hair out by the time my clapotis was done (only to find i ran out of yarn with the last 20 decrease rows to go AAARGH!). but, i will be the first to admit, I love wearing it and get compliments all the time!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home