Friday, May 20, 2005

MagKnits Cold Shoulder by Stefanie Japel

Yarn: Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK Cotton in #224 Thyme
What I Learned: Trying on a garment periodically during a project is a good thing. Be very careful with your gauge. Buy an extra ball of yarn, especially if it is inexpensive.
Comments: This sweater has been my favorite project to date. I'm really pleased how it turned out. Stefanie is a wonderful designer, and I love all of her things. I emailed her with questions, and she quickly got back to me. When I did my gauge for this sweater, I thought I was spot on, but I must have been a touch off. I ran out of yarn while I was knitting the bottom edge (grrr!).

4 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

I like it! You did a good job.

Always buy an extra ball--that's my mantra. Just ask yourself, "what's worse, running out of yarn or having an extra ball of yarn?"

have a great weekend!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Love IT!!!! I've gotta knit this pattern now. I've been a bit stalled due to some beading projects that had to be done, and a gift I've got to start, but this will be one of the next projects!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful! Just the kind to wear out on the town!

7:54 PM  
Blogger Jeanie said...

Hi Amy! I'm new to your blog and wanted to say hi since I live (sort of) near you. I'm just north of Galveston and always get a bit excited when I see a "neighboring knitter"!

Beautiful job on your sweater! Take care!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home