Friday, June 03, 2005

My Dad is the BEST!

I go out to get the mail this afternoon, and I have this mysterious box. Lookie what was inside! My sweet dad sent this to me out of the blue. This, on top of also giving me a subscription to National Geographic this week. Am I a lucky girl or what to have such a great dad?

I have been childless this week thanks to my MIL. You would think that I would be knitting up a storm. Alas, no. On Tuesday my mother and I had a girls day out. We had our nails and toes done, went to the LYS, and had lunch. The other days have been spent running errands, shopping, and doing my usual chores. BUT I HAVE PEACE & QUIET!!! Silence is bliss.

The only knitting I've done is work on a ribbon shrug and my first sock. More on those soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Very nice! Let us know if the book is good!

6:32 PM  
Blogger knittingnurse said...

Yeah for Dads! (Although I am sure that he is thinking. . . . .Yeah for daughters!). enjoy your new book, your time with mom and enjoy it when your kid(s) return! Happy SUMMER!

7:56 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Just what all knitters need--more project ideas!

have a good weekend and thanks for the birthday wishes

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart of a dad you've got there! There are some great patterns in there. It's just been a great week for you. Glad you were able to get in some relaxation time with your mom w/out the kiddies around.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home