Saturday, August 23, 2008

Little Girl Shrugs



Pattern: Little Girl's Shrug from Knitting Pure & Simple


Yarn: RYC Cashsoft DK #516 sage & # 525 kingfisher - 2 balls each


Notes: Easy seamless knit. It would be a wonderful project for a first sweater. Knitting Pure & Simple also has a similar women's pattern. It would make a great mother/daughter sweater.


I had a little trouble with gauge, even though I used DK weight yarn which is what the pattern called for. The pattern is easily adjusted, though, by just continuing the raglan increases. Another fitting advantage is that it is knit top down, and therefore can be tried on by the recipient as you knit it.
My girlie-girls are going to wear these on the first day of school. Won't they look cute?

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your girls look beautiful!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So, so cute!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Fabulous, as always.

5:28 AM  
Blogger SAM said...

Too cute...girls and shrugs!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

adorable!! they fit them beautifully :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger KeanaLee said...

I llllllllllovvvvveeeeeeee it, makes me want to have a little girl. Wait, I have a niece maybe I will knit it for her!

5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg they look so cute!!! my girl's would love those!! off to find the pattern!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The girls look so cute! I hope they have a great time at school!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! Ever heard of The Pink Zebra in Katy, TX? It's in "old Katy" on 1st street. They sell stuff that Mommies make. Didn't know if you were interested in selling your knitting but it's definitely something others would like!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma, aka the F-Bomb Mom said...

I can't stand how grown up they look!! :)

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her long hair complements it very well!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home