Saturday, April 16, 2005

Fun with Fair Isle

Name: Kristina Bag from Black Sheep Bags
Yarn: Lambs Pride Worsted in M-115 Oatmeal & Noro Kureyon in #95
What I Learned: Fair Isle and how to do a flat I-cord
Comments: I took the Fair Isle class at Yarns 2 Ewe with my mother. Fair Isle is the most enjoyable knitting technique that I have learned so far. It keeps you on your toes because you are knitting with both hands. It's definitely not boring. This was also the first time I have used a Noro yarn. I've heard people on the internet rave about it, and now I see why. Both my mother and I knit an extra repeat of the pattern just so that we could have all of the colors of the yarn showing. The flat 9 stitch I cord is so cool looking that I had to give it its own picture. Now, off to felt this little darling. I'll post the finished product later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home