Friday, April 15, 2005

Things I Love About Knitting (an on-going tale...)

My knitting friend Sarah and I were talking, knitting, and watching my kids play outside this past Wednesday. I brought up the subject of why I like knitting. Thought I'd share. These are in no particular order.

1) Knitting soothes the savage beast. It can relax me or take my mind off of whatever ails it like nothing else.

2) It's good for my marriage. First, because of reason #1 and second because I can talk/pay attention to my sweetie while I'm doing something I enjoy.

3) My mother and I have something outside of typical mother/daughter stuff that we share. I think it makes us closer.

4) I've made friends, both in person and over the internet. This has been a really big deal for me. Being a stay-at-home mom, you tend to be somewhat isolated.

5) I've jumped in to the fabulous world of blogging!

6) I can create tangible things that I can be proud of (or at least proud that I tried)

7) It's portable. Not to many hobbies can say that realistically.

8) I can be productive while doing something as brain dead as watching TV

9) It gives me something to look forward to. I get so excited knowing that as soon as I finish X project, I have Y in the wings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I could have written every single thing you wrote except the detail about being a stay-at-home mom. In fact, I was planning to write a blog post very similar to this. (I probably still will, but it's NOT BECAUSE I'M COPYING YOU, it's because I already started it.)

In brief, I have found that my overall happiness with my life has increased greatly since knitting became a serious hobby. Pretty cool.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness! I agree with everything you've said! I double agree about the SAHM part. It can be isolating but knitting and blogging help tremendously!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

no one could have said it better! i really get relaxed when knitting. but, you probably have noticed i can't do two things at once,its my downfall :)

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home