Sunday, October 05, 2008

My knitting mojo is ON!




ALL COMPLETED IN ONE WEEK!
I rock.
I know it is tacky to pat yourself on the back, but I'm feeling blue today, so I'm trying to cheer myself up.
Project #1 - Malabrigo Slippers by CocoKnits
Yarn - Malabrigo Worsted - Rich Chocolate & Black - 1 ball each
Comments - Gauge was funny on this one. I think Malabrigo may "fluff up" over time, thus making it a heavier gauge. I had to go down two needle sizes for the brown and one for the black. Even though they are the same yarn, you should gauge both colors.
I plan to teach these as a project class at Yarntopia. These are a fun and quick project for advanced beginner knitters. Some skills used are: picking up stitches and short rows.
Project #2 - Yvette from French Girl
Yarn - Rowan Big Wool #01 White Hot - 3.5 balls
Comments - I knit nearly the whole thing while watching the VP debate. I plan to wear this cutie this fall with jeans and knee-high brown leather boots (which I'm asking for for my b-day).
I knit the smallest size, which I think will work for most people. The pattern greatly over estimated the amount of yarn used. It called for 6 balls, but it only took me 3.5. I'm also teaching this as a project class for advanced beginners. Skills you will learn: cables and picking up stitches.
Project #3 - Trapeze Jacket by Stitch Diva Studios
Yarn - Louisa Harding Kashmir DK #20 Burnt Orange - 15 balls
Comments - This jacket was a long time in the making. Though easy, all of that ribbing is a time eater! I made this for to give to my friend Jennifer for her birthday next Saturday. I hope it fits! As you know, I LOOOOOVE Louisa Harding Kashmir. Some knitters are "yarn" people, and some people are "pattern" people. I'm the latter, but this yarn even makes me swoon.

5 Comments:

Blogger SAM said...

You go girl! I stand in awe. I just thought I was "all that" cause I finished the 2nd side to my sweater and am now working my way up the back. You are truly the knitting goddess.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

All in a week! Your needles are on fire! Wonderful, gorgeous projects all.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, that is a lot of knitting mojo for one week! All of your projects look great! I especially love the jacket!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah at Advancing the Plot said...

I like the poncho. Are they coming back? I have seen them around lately.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Meg said...

*love*

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home