Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Persephone Bag


We are so lucky to have Karen E. as part of our Yarntopia family. Not only is she an amazing instructor, but an extremely talented designer. Two of the cabled purses that she's designed are absolutely darling, but not practical for me to use on a daily basis. I was in need of a "Big Momma Bag" to be able to tote around all of the things that a wife and mother of two needs on her person. Karen obliged me. Am I spoiled or what?!?

Big bags are very hot right now too. I feel so jazzed when I can make something that is cutting edge. It would also make a fantastic knitting or travel bag.

Yarn: Rowan Big Wool Fusion #02 Gooseberry - 4 balls
Notions: 10 inch circular bamboo purse handle, approx. 2 yds lining fabric
Comments: If a giant bag is not for you, this can easily be made smaller by using a finer gauged yarn. It is done in the round, and stitches are picked up at the bottom. No seaming required.

If you are interested in the pattern, feel free to email the shop at yarntopiaATconsolidatedDOTnet. The price is $6. We also have the purse handles, which may be hard to find.

Check out the lining. My fabulous friend Jennifer sewed it for me. She is the best friend EVER. Speaking of Jennifer, she is making custom needle cases for us at the shop. I'll save those for the next post.




13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That is a fantastic bag!

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

egads, that bag is HUGE!

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, you could probably carry at least one of your girls around in that bag. :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

I love big bags! And speaking of bags...your girls look like Lexie models in training!

5:57 AM  
Blogger knitseashore said...

What a fun bag!! Your girls look lovely modeling it.

1:51 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

All the Tyer women look fabulous with Persephone!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love that lining fabric. Your friend has a great eye for fabric.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute bag!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Haha, you could fit one of your girls PLUS all her needs PLUS your needs in that bag! Sweet action.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Amy~~
IT is great bag!! you did great job!! I really like the color too!!

She looks sooo into it!!!
You never know, when she grow up be a spinner..hehe Who know!!

By the way...visit my knitting blog something!!

Thanks

Charles

12:11 AM  
Blogger knitting by Steph said...

nice bag! I bet I could totally carry my 10 month in that bag!

12:29 PM  
Blogger JustApril said...

SO cute! I love the leaf pattern whatever form it takes.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Knitting with Harry & Hawthorne said...

Unbelievable, it's huge AND gorgeous! You GO girl! :-)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home