Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hamptons Halter


Pattern: Hamptons Halter from Twinkle's Big City Knits
Yarn: Twinkle Cruise #36 Mauve (sort of a milk chocolate brown)
Comments: I loved doing this knit and love the finished product. Cruise is an absolutely luscious yarn (60% silk, 40% cotton) with a beautiful drape. Seven days from start to finish.
Caution #1: If you do any of the patterns in the book that call for the Cruise, you are supposed to hold four strands of the yarn together. Do not try to knit from 4 balls! It creates a big tangled mess. It is much better to take the four strands from their respective yarn cakes and wind the four strands into one giant ball.
Caution #2: Go to the Classic Elite Website and print out the errata for the book. Their are quite a few corrections.

11 Comments:

Blogger Stefanie said...

AMY! That looks so pretty on you!

2:49 PM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

Amy, that is SO precious!

3:30 PM  
Blogger knit_chick said...

That looks great. Thanks for the tip on winding 4 strands together.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very cute!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW what a quick knit! and super cute :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

CUTE! And I love it with the t-shirt underneath. Thanks for the tips on the yarn too.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea to pre-wind balls of strands held together! That never occurred to me but would probably be useful any time you're holding more than two strands together.

Great FO!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very stylish!

6:02 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

You look fabulous!

8:01 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Oh so cute. makes me want to knit one up. I'll put it in my maybe's pile.

Looks wonderful on you. Thanks for the 4 strand tip.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Becca + Geoff said...

I love the Hampton's Halter you knitted! I just purchased Big City Knits and am waiting for my Lana Grande yarn to arrive so I can work on the Groovy Sweater Dress. I would love to find a couple of others who would be interested in knitting this sweater with me :). Any takers?

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home