Saturday, October 28, 2006

Isobel


Pattern: Isobel by French Girl
Yarn: Biggy Print #258 Sheep - 7 balls (the pattern called for 9)
Needles: #19 32" Addi Turbo for body, #17 24" Addi Turbo for collar
What I learned: Single crochet edging
Comments: When I saw the fall French Girl collection at TNNA, this was my least favorite pattern. Because we are trying to make our own French Girl trunk show, I buckled down and knitting it anyway. Boy, am I glad I did! I absolutely love it. It has wonderful shaping thanks to short rows. It makes me feel like I'm wearing something high fashion. It is super easy to make. It only took me two days to complete.

Here are a couple of other views. Check out the lacing in the back.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, the back is awesome. The view from the back really makes the pattern. Glad it turned out so well! It really looks great. Sort of like the ubiquitous fleece vests that everyone wears (around here, anyway) only much more interesting.

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lacing on the back looks really cool!

10:35 AM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

We really do think alike. I thought the same thing about Isobel, but it grew on me and I started imagining how fantastic it would look with a long, dark denim "drama" skirt. It looks great on you.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you really had a thing for those French Girl patterns. LOL! It looks good.

8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, I wish I was standing on that sunny sidewalk in front of your store!! Soon...soon....only 49 more days!!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the copsticks and the back are really cool!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

It looks great on you. I really like the back. It completes the whole look.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very cute! makes me want to knit it too :)

P.S. I changed my blog over to Word Press. The new url is:

http://pinkbliss.wordpress.com/

3:15 PM  
Blogger Cirilia said...

Me too on the groupie thing, it just doesn't go away. They all laugh at how starstruck I get, but I don't care! I LOVE the new piece--if we weren't having such a mild winter up here, I'd knit it in a heartbeat.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home