Sunday, August 27, 2006

Diamanta



Click on the pictures to get a better view of the stitch pattern

Pattern: Diamanta by French Girl - the first of my many test knits for my friend Kristeen (aka the French Girl)
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Spray #572 Pebbles - 2 balls, Rowan Lurex Shimmer #335 Bronze - 5 cones
Needle: Addi Turbo #17 32 inch circular. I started with a bamboo, but the join drove me crazy.
New Skill Learned: Elizabeth Zimmerman's sewn cast off

As some of you know, Sheryl and I have been working on test knitting (or test crocheting in Sheryl's case) for Kristeen for a while now. This is the first one that I've completed that I can post because THE PATTERN IS AVAILABLE FOR SALE AT THE SHOP!! I actually have 3 others on the needles (all amazing), but I have to keep them under wraps.

Because this was a test knit, my version varies slightly from the one available to the public. After I started knitting mine, Kristeen decided to go down a needle size. I still love the finished product.

I'm really enjoying the whole test knitting gig. I like that I'm able to get a jump on making these designs, and I especially love helping out Kristeen. She is so sweet and extremely talented in my humble opinion.

21 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oo la la! I can't wait to see the other new patterns!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That looks so awesome! I'm doing my first bit of lace, but it doesn't look to me like it's going right. Everyone is telling me that the blocking will make it look better, but looking at the pic that came with the pattern, as well as a pic of the same one that someone else is doing, mine just doesn't look right. I am thinking it might be the needle size I am using with the lace weight yarn, but I have no idea. The pic of mine is on my blog. Maybe you've got some pointers?

4:02 PM  
Blogger SAM said...

EXQUISITE! I'm so proud of you for finishing this. It will look gorgeous in the shop.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Geoknitter said...

Wow!!! Is that the same or similar to Kidsilk Haze? It looks so elegant, that's really a great color, too!

8:40 PM  
Blogger thatfarmgirl said...

So beautiful and exactly the colors I would have chosen. And thank you for the birthday wishes!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

You make a mother proud.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! I particularly like the lace motif that runs down the back (or at least it does in your photo). What a great accessory!

7:42 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

oh wow, that is unreal! it's so beautiful! What a fabulous French Girl :)

8:35 AM  
Blogger Saun said...

That shawl is quite lovely. I'm not big on the triangle shawls so that is definitely more my style. I'll have check out that pattern.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!! it must be SO fun to test for French Girl patterns!!=D

9:40 AM  
Blogger JustApril said...

That is the very first shawl that I've seen that I'd like to knit for myself! I'm not much of a shawl girl, but that thing is COOL! Must have pattern.... drooling..... lol

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh-la-la-la-la-la-la! C'est très jolie!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW! it looks really pretty... love the stitch pattern.... for sale now huh? :) !!!!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh! Amy that is truly beautiful!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see a finished project. I saw you working ion this in the shop. It's turned out very lovely, Amy.

6:46 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow that is beautiful!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

wow, that's beautiful! I just found your blog through several links from other blogs. You've got great talent and great taste!

9:13 AM  
Blogger Julia (MindofWinter) said...

Amy! I'm updating my links page and popped over to get your addy - there is so much going on over here! The girls are so big - congrats on their first day of school. The test shawl is lovely - magnificent! How is the store going? Well, I hope! I would love to come over and see it (in the winter months!!!) xox, mindofwinter J

5:53 AM  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Congratulations, Amy!

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy,

this is beautiful. I'd love to knit one for my mom and grandmother for Mother's Day gifts in 2007. Awesome job

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home