Thursday, December 28, 2006

Easy V-Neck Sweater

Pattern: Easy V-Neck Sweater by Stefanie Japel
Yarn: Malabrigo in the Charrua (dark brown, light blue, rust) colorway (the softest merino EVER!)

I don't know why this picture looks so weird. My dad let me borrow his camera, and I suppose I haven't figured out how to work it properly.

I am using this sweater to teach our Sweater Phobia class at the shop. We have so many talented customers who have all of the skill sets needed to knit this, but just need a little push. This sweater is done totally in the round without seaming, so it should be a snap for even the novice knitter.

I am so excited to be along for the ride with my students. When I knit my first sweater, Tempting from Knitty, I was hooked. I haven't looked back since. I hope my students will have the same experience.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great name for a class! How goes things at the shop, by the way?

8:04 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

After my disaster with your Dad's sweater, I may have to sign up. If I weren't getting along so well with my Louisa Harding sweater, I might develop a phobia.

5:06 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I love it in the variegated! I've been wanting to make that (or a similar) sweater for a long time...looks great! That should be a wonderful first sweater for newbies.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! I knit that pattern last year (or was it this year?) with some wool I picked up at Rhinebeck and now it's my favorite - it has to be so. soft. in Malabrigo!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The sweater looks great!

4:53 PM  
Blogger KeanaLee said...

I just sstumbled across your blog, everything you knit is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're blog twins now! I love the sweater. I find that more and more when people come into the store for their first sweater pattern, I go to the in the round ones. I think finishing can make or break a garment and those skills are some of the hardest to learn. Besides, whatever you learn first always "feels" easiest and the world needs more top down knitters, at least in my opinion =)

Do you love or hate the slight vinegar smell of Malibrigo?

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I found your blog by googling "glampyre easy v-neck raglan" b/c I'm knitting it right now and am trying to make some decisions about the sleeves. I have frogged and reknit the last half of the first sleeve about 4 times now, trying to get it just the way I want it. When I did the pattern as written, the lower part of the sleeve ended up way too tight for my taste. I love the way yours looks (much looser) - did you modify the pattern?

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home