Friday, December 22, 2006

Twinkletoes & Knitty Gritty

Pattern: Twinkletoes from Knitty
Yarn: Rowan Calmer #484 Lucky

As I mentioned in a previous post, my daughters REALLY wanted these for Christmas. They were so disappointed when I told them the two pairs I made were for the shop **wink, wink**. I loved this quick knit because A) it was for my daughters, B) Calmer is one of my all time favorite yarns, and C) each slipper only took one evening to make. I have a real soft spot for quick knits.

Next, I want to give a shout out to all of my "blog friends" who will be appearing on the TV show Knitty Gritty soon. I'm SOOOOO jealous! I want my name up in lights too!

Stefanie
Isela
Scout
Lynda's daughter

I've also heard that the Yarn Harlot and Amy Singer, the editor of Knitty, have done episodes as well. I'm DEFINITELY leaving Knitty Gritty on my TIVO list!

Merry Christmas y'all!

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Very cute twinkle toes!

And another of your friends has had something to do with Knitty Gritty. Drew showed up on someone's post about their taping. I'm thinking it was Isela, but I'n not sure.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Twinkletoes are so cute! I love the colour you used as well! Don't think we get knitty gritty up here. It's a shame cause I really would like to see it.

4:05 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Very cute! I know you girls will love them.

And what your mother says is true--Drew taped an episode of KG with Annie Modesitt showing some designs from their new book.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a lovely Christmas Amy!

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute are they?!?! Love them!

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SUCH a genius pattern! I'm sure yours will get lots of us. How nice that you decided not to keep them for the shop after all (wink wink)!

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Amy!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Hey thanks you!!!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Thanks for the shout out for Kaity - we actually got to meet Amy Singer and sit in on her taping! Fun stuff.

(PS, apparently, HGTV is also picking up Knitty Gritty for those who do not get DIY network)

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home